Tuesday 26 September 2017

#goingbeyond

It wouldn't be right not to post today.  Four months today we start the climb.

We will have completed more training than I ever thought I would do in my lifetime.  We will have raised as many pennies as we can for worthy causes.  We will have collected donations of books, clothes and stationery for a school in need and shipped to Tanzania with laptops donated from work.  We will have packed and unpacked our bags a million times.  We will have waved goodbye to our families and friends and arrived in Tanzania.  And we will have probably laughed and cried about what is lying ahead of us.

Four months is nothing.  Its no time at all - and it shows, we have both switched in to panic mode and have suddenly become very, VERY focused on the task at hand.

The last four months of training is booked in the diary.  I'm not sure I'm going to have a social life now until its all over but I know my body will be in as good a shape as it can be.

There is still a lot to do.  Insurance, visa's, injections, school donations - the list that seems to get longer no matter how much I tick off each week.

At work we have a #goingbeyond hashtag, so that's what we're doing - in 3 months, 30 days, 8 hours and 24 minutes (its less than four months already!!)


No comments:

Post a Comment