Sunday 30 July 2017

Friday Night Fundraising

It's been a while since my last post, mainly because I have been away but also because I have been snowed under with the final arrangements for my fundraising Fight Klub class.  You may recall that Duane & Darren my Flight Klub instructors agreed to run a charity class for me - this was a great boost to my fundraising efforts.

They kindly agreed to run the two hour class for free, one hour of Fight Klub followed by a Drum and Bass Workout.  I was also extremely lucky to be offered a FREE venue by Reading Cricket Club meaning that every penny from the event went straight to African Parks and the evening raised £380 in total.  Soooo, huge thanks to both Double D and the Reading Cricket Club for their support!

We got to the Cricket Club nice and early to set up, not only did I want to sell some more of my goodies but there was furniture to move, bags to set up, lighting and sound to set up and of course a few warm up photos to get us in the mood!

African goodies supported by some Fight Klub posters (two of my favourite things)

The calm before the storm....ready for the lighting to go up

Poser
Showing my sister how its done......
...she didn't thank me....
...so I started on Michael instead.
The night was a great success with many new faces coming along to try it out for the first time.  It's fair to say Duane and Darren didn't disappoint and it was lovely to see faces from Reading, Winnersh and Didcot Fight Klub crews come together for such a good cause.

Being put through our paces on the bags
Two on the right, two on the left...
Me and my sister 'enjoying' some Drum and Bass
Don't think that now this is over I am going to have a rest from the fundraising.  I've already been in touch with a few large retailers about some donations of last years old stock of Christmas wrapping paper, ribbons etc. as I'm planning to offer a christmas gift wrapping service.  In less than an hour I had responses from John Lewis, Debenhams and Sainsbury so here's hoping I get lots of paper and can wrap lots of gifts in return for money.

No comments:

Post a Comment