Sunday 14 May 2017

Still planking...and fundraising!

Following my 'Planking for Parks' post I had a request for video evidence not just of my least favourite plank (the rowing plank) but also the Spiderman plank, so before I update you on my fundraising activities - pls see the evidence below (I hope this satisfies your curiosity Kate!) 😉

Lisa does the Rowing Plank

Lisa does the Spiderman Plank

Now on to more important things as fundraising got in to full swing this week:

Craft Sale
Having had some beautiful African fabric donated to me, I got busy with the sewing machine to create some unique items to sell.  These included bags, scarves, table cloths, pillow cases, pencil cases and even some elephant figures.  In addition to the home made goodies I also brought some necklaces & pictures back from a recent trip to Bali.  

The goodies have been on sale for five days now with £264 already raised - which is amazing given the prices start from just 50p!  My 'shop' was of course branded with elephants - and some freebie safari themed biscuits for all shoppers.  

As long as I have stock to sell I will be selling so if you want to know whats available still please let me know.  






Fight Klub/Totally Shredded
A big part of my training to climb is Fight Klub and Totally Shredded.  These are two fantastic fitness classes that I'm totally addicted to.  I did go to them before I agreed to climb Kilimanjaro but now I have an excuse to go every week - and I'm seeing the pounds drop off and my muscles getting stronger every day.

Duane and Darren (or Double D as they call themselves) have agreed to run a double session of both classes back to back to support my fundraising.  Not only that, but the venue is waiving the room hire fee so I am getting the whole event with no cost at all.  This is really generous of both 'Double D' and the venue who are both running a business at the end of the day.....no costs means all the money raised from this event will go straight towards my fundraising, and more importantly to African Parks.

Details of this will follow but in the meantime block out the evening of Friday, 28th July in your diaries so you don't miss out.

No comments:

Post a Comment